South Ayrshire Council is committed to providing the best possible recruitment service and is working to remove any barriers to equality of opportunity at all stages of the recruitment process.
Our commitment to you as a job applicant is:
- We will treat you in a polite, helpful and friendly manner at all times.
- When applying there is an email address or contact number which can be used to reach
a member of the Recruitment Team who will deal with your enquiry.
- We will treat the information you provide in confidence and store it securely. Your
application form will only be seen by HR employees and those managers involved in the
- You will receive an instant automated email acknowledging your on-line application
has been successfully received by the Council.
- Every applicant must complete an application form. We can provide a paper application
form as well as a large print or audio version and will accept a CV from visually
impaired applicants which gives all the information requested on the application form.
- Any disabled applicant who meets the minimum competency requirements for the post will be invited
- We will normally advise you if you are being invited for interview within 2 weeks
of the closing date for the post.
- We will give you reasonable notice of the date of the interview and if you are required to
make a presentation to the interviewing panel a minimum of 1 week’s notice will be given.
- We will be pleased to make any particular arrangements you need for example help with ramp
access, a sign language interpreter or information in large print..
- We ask you to provide personal details such as first name, date of birth, gender,
ethnic origin on the Equalities Monitoring Form. This information is not revealed
to the selection panel but used to monitor our process.
- The information which you provide in your application form will play a vital part
in deciding whether you will be called for interview. It is therefore important that
you complete the application form as fully as possible.
- We will contact only the recommended candidate’s referees.
- If you are invited for interview but are unable to attend at the given time we will
try to make alternative arrangements. However this will depend on the alternative
timescales and urgency to fill the post.
- After interview, we will contact the recommended candidate as soon as possible
and normally within 7 days although posts which are subject to Disclosure Scotland checks
may take longer.
- If you have been unsuccessful at interview, we will normally advise you within 2
We are committed to achieving the standards we have set and to acting on feedback from our
customers. If you have any comments or wish to make a formal complaint about the way you
have been treated during the recruitment process write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the helpline on 01292 612179.
Head of Human Resources
South Ayrshire Council
Ayr, KA7 1DR