Social care complaints, comments & suggestions

Make a suggestion, compliment or complaint

South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership is committed to providing high-quality services. We value all comments and complaints and use information from them to help us improve our services. We want to hear from you if you have any comments or wish to complain about a social care or social work service.

If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services, please tell us.

Make a complaint

We also welcome feedback on all our services, including comments and suggestions:

Make a suggestion, compliment or general query

The information you provide will be passed to the relevant department based on the nature of the complaint/suggestion/compliment/query.

Please note any complaints over 4000 characters in length should be emailed to:

Other ways to make a complaint

Customers calling from abroad may be charged at premium rate and should check with their own telephone providers before calling.

How we handle your complaint

Our complaints procedure has two stages:

Stage 1 - Frontline resolution

We aim to resolve complaints quickly and close to where we provided the service. This could mean an apology and explanation if something has clearly gone wrong and immediate action is taken to resolve the problem. We will aim to resolve your complaint at Stage 1 within five working days, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

If we cannot resolve your complaint at this stage, we will explain why and tell you what you can do next. The next stage in the process is to move the complaint to stage 2. If you feel this is required, then please complete the Complaints Escalation form.

Stage 2 - investigation

If your complaint is not resolved at stage 1 or is complex in nature it may be progressed to Stage 2 where it will be investigated. We will aim to resolve your complaint within 20 working days. In exceptional circumstances our investigation may require to take longer than 20 working days. If this is the case we will contact you and ensure you are kept up to date.

What if I am still dissatisfied?

After we have fully investigated and responded to your complaint, if you are dissatisfied with our response or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can appeal to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO).

The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:

  • where you have not gone all the way through the council’s complaints handling procedure
  • more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
  • that have been or are being considered in court

Contact details for the SPSO can be found on their website,

Care Inspectorate

If you have a specific complaint about the provision of health and social care you should contact the Care Inspectorate (tel: 0345 600 9527).