South Ayrshire Child Protection Committee
South Ayrshire Child Protection Committee is the local strategic planning partnership which is responsible for delivering continuous improvement in protecting children in South Ayrshire.
Its work includes the design, development, dissemination and evaluation of inter-agency
protection policy, procedures and practice. It has a responsibility to promote
awareness of child protection
to the local public and promote good practice within and across agencies,
as well as leading on
child protection training and development.
Professor Paul Martin CBE is the Independent Chair of the South Ayrshire Child Protection Committee.
Working together to protect South Ayrshire’s children from abuse and neglect.
It's everyone's job to make sure that children in South Ayrshire are safe from abuse and neglect. We will strive to ensure that the protection of children is a responsibility that is shared by all our staff and with the community.
- Child centered
Our work is intended to ensure that:
- Children are protected by timely and effective action.
- Children are listened to and respected.
- Children understand what to do if they are concerned about their own or others safety and protection from abuse and neglect.
- The public understand what to do if they are concerned about the safety and protection of children from abuse and neglect.
- Agencies, individually and collectively, demonstrate leadership and accountability for their work and its effectiveness in keeping children safe from abuse and neglect.
- We provide an integrated approach to identifying, intervening and providing ongoing support to protect children at risk of harm from abuse and neglect.
- Our staff are confident and competent in protecting children from abuse and neglect.
- Collaboratively we ensure continuous improvement by evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of our services
This Vision, Mission, Values and Aims are collectively agreed by all partner agencies and services who work together in South Ayrshire.
Help us improve
South Ayrshire CPC and the agencies and services who work together to protect South
Ayrshire’s children are committed to continuous improvement. You can help support
this work. If you have a view on what we are currently doing or an idea for improvement
we would ask that you share this with us. Please email us at Child.ProtectionCommittee@south-ayrshire.gov.uk.