Young Carer Statement
A Young Carer Statement will enable you as a young carer to express your feelings and needs and find out what impact your caring
responsibilities have on your life and aims to support you in your caring role.
The Young Carer Statement is completed by having a conversation with a professional who works in health, education, social work, South Ayrshire Carers Centre or
someone you feel comfortable talking to in order to establish if it is appropriate for you to care for someone else.
The Young Carer Statement will identify your individual outcomes and what matters to you as a person such as:
- details about the person you care for and support you provide
- the impact caring has on your health and well being
- the extent that you are able and willing to provide care
- the nature and extent of the care provided
- any support which is needed, either for you or the person you care for
- whether a short break is needed
Following the Young Carers Statement discussion we will let you know whether you need input or resources from South Ayrshire Health
and Social Care Partnership.
Requesting a Young Carer Statement
The Lead Professional or Named Person and young person can request a login for access to South Ayrshire’s online Young Carers Statement by completing the Young Carer Statement request form. A paper copy of the Young Carer Statement can also be downloaded by completing this form.
Find out about the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 on the Young Scot website.
Read the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 Jargon Buster for Young Carers.