Day care for older people
Day care centres offer a range of activities to older people to contribute to their well-being and welfare which assists them to continue living at home.
Day care centres can:
- assist to keep you mentally and physically active
- maintain your independence and assist in realising your potential
- offer opportunities to be part of your community and contribute to preventing social isolation
- allow you and your carer some respite
- give you the opportunity to meet people, make friends and reacquaint with others
- help you regain confidence after hospitalisation
An older person may only need day care for a short time, perhaps to regain confidence after a spell in hospital, or support may be required for a longer time.
South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership have two day care centres:
We can also arrange for you to attend a day centre run by an independent / third sector service provider located in South Ayrshire. The choice is yours to make.
How to access day care for older people
Access to day care follows an assessment by a Social Worker. Contact details for Social Work can be found here, our staff are always happy to help.