The Council's Structural and Civil Engineering facility within the Building Standards
Service provide a wide range of engineering design, implementation and advice to
all Departments of the Council this includes:
- Structural Checking - of structural aspects of Building Warrant submissions, validity
of design certificates and calculations.
- Dangerous Buildings - structural
inspections as part of the Dangerous Building procedures under the Building (Scotland)
- Design and Supervision of engineering contracts.
- Site Investigation Reports - Maintain a register of site investigation reports.
- Sports grounds and Regulated Stands - Carry out inspections, prepare, issue and
update safety certificates.