Recycling waste materials provides a real opportunity to put less waste to landfill,
but needs your participation to help sort out waste materials at source.
Recycled materials can replace the use of virgin materials and provides environmental
benefits including less air pollution, energy use, reduced impacts of extracting
materials and more efficient use of finite resources.
Recycling also provides employment opportunities, encourages producers to take more
responsibility for their wastes and improves economic competitiveness.
Benefits of recycling include:
- Cutting down the amount of material we use
- Reducing transport movements and air pollution
- Landfilling less of our waste
- Reducing energy consumption from making new materials
- Creating new jobs from recycling initiatives
- Encouraging people and businesses to take more responsibility for the waste they
- Improving competitiveness as businesses use their materials more efficiently