Accessibility Skip to main content

A to Z of waste and recycling services

Select a letter

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I   J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  

List of services for: K

South Ayrshire Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.


uncooked and cooked food waste should be placed into the kitchen caddy then into the food waste bin for collection or can be placed in the compost bin.

Materials such as

Dairy and eggshells
Fish, meat and bones
Fruit and vegetables (and peelings)
Bread and cakes
Rice, pasta and pizza
Tea bags and coffee grounds
pet foods
out of date foods
Should be placed in the food waste bin.

Materials such as:

Food packaging
Plastic bags
Should not be placed in the food waste bin.

Food waste kitchen caddy liners are available to buy from our customer service centres in Ayr, Girvan, Maybole, Prestwick and Troon.

72 liners (6 months supply) can be purchased at a cost of £2.

If you do not have a home-compost bin, and do not live in a food waste collection area then please use your green bin to dispose of these wastes. Alternatively you could take your vegetable and food wastes to one of the Council’s food waste recycling banks which are available at the Recycling Centres in Troon, Ayr, Maybole and Girvan.

Was this information helpful?  Yes  No

Tell us what we can do to improve the information