Heritage Lottery Bid
South Ayrshire Council has been working in conjunction with local community groups
to develop a bid for £1.5 million to Heritage Lottery. This money would be used
to undertake such things as:
- The redevelopment the stable block providing a cafe, toilets and further multi –
- To upgrade the footpath network and park furniture – seating, litterbins & interpretative
- To develop the provision of recreational facilities.
- To develop the landscaping and woodland management.
- The development of events and volunteer participation.
The Council recognises that any successful bid and future development of the park
must meet the needs of residents and visitors and that a key component of a winning
bid is community involvement. To that end staff have met with a wide range of community
groups to inform them of the plans to develop Belleisle and invite them to participate
in the Belleisle Stakeholder Group. To date over 25 groups have been represented
at these meetings.
Recently the council undertook a tender process to appoint a consultancy to assist
the Council in developing the bid. The successful bidder was Ironside Farrar who
have a proven track record in applications of this type.
This map details the outline of the bid area.