All project proposals will be assessed against two main criteria:
1. Strategic fit
- Level of contribution to local needs articulated in relevant local plans and with evidence of local support, in alignment with South Ayrshire Council's Strategic Economic Plan Vision 2030.
- Level of contribution to an investment priority.
- The extent of contribution to net zero objectives, or wider environmental considerations.
- The extent to which the project can inform UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
- The extent to which the project demonstrates innovation in service delivery.
2. Deliverability, effectiveness and efficiency
- Project can be delivered by March 2022, with realistic milestones identified.
- Project risks have been identified and are adequately mitigated, including project-level management controls.
- An efficient mode of delivery of the project has been outlined, taking account of the level of innovation proposed and will operate at an appropriate scale.
- The project would not proceed without UKCRF funding or could only be delivered on a smaller scale.
- An effective monitoring and evaluation strategy for the project has been identified.