About Learn 2 Swim
More than 2,500 young people currently use South Ayrshire's four pools. We are now adopting the new National Framework for Swimming in Scotland, which provides opportunities for everyone to take part in swimming or diving at whatever level they aspire to.
Previously swimming lessons were focused on ten-week blocks, but the new way of working means that children will be continuously assessed across the school year, potentially leading to faster progression through the various stages.
To make the process simpler for parents the old system of paying in ten-week blocks is being replaced with a new monthly direct debit scheme. However, for those still wishing to pay in person the option will be available throughout the first year.
Benefits of Learn 2 Swim
The learn 2 swim scheme has many great benefits for all participants. These include:
- Swimming is a skill for life but it can also save your life
- Fun and exciting activity
- Make new friends
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- Gives parents peace of mind that your child is safer when they are around water
- Improve health and fitness levels - can reduce the risk of chronic illness, such as heart disease, type-2 diabetes and stroke
- Help control stress and help have a feeling of well being
- Weight loss
Swimming Festive Holiday 2022-2023
All lessons will stop on with a final lesson on Friday 22nd December 2023- restart Saturday 6th January 2023
Sunday 22nd January 2023 Citadel
Sunday 1st October 2023 Citadel
General enquiries, Change class day and time, Book assessment: email@example.com
Tel: 01292 269 793