Toggle menu

Advice on claiming for Universal Credit

We can provide advice on understanding your eligibility and making a claim.

Universal Credit replaced Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit in 2017 within South Ayrshire. 

When you make a new claim for financial assistance from the DWP you will now claim this.  Some changes in circumstances will also mean you may have to claim UC.

Contact the Information and Advice Hub if

  • you are not sure you should claim Universal Credit. We will provide a benefit check.
  • you are still struggling to understand your eligibility for Universal Credit.
  • you have been sanctioned and need advice on what you can do we may be able to assist.
  • you are struggling to manage your budget during the sanction period, hardship payments may be available and we can talk you through how to apply. In addition, we can provide details on how to access other sources of assistance, for example foodbank vouchers.

Contact the Information and Advice Hub