Business Support Finder
Coronavirus (COVID-19) support is available to employers and the self-employed, including sole traders and limited company directors. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants, whether your business is open or closed.
This support finder from the UK government will help you to see support available for you and your business.
You may also want to look at the Scottish Government's website: findbusinesssupport.gov.scot
Business Support Update
Updates from our Economy & Regeneration team on COVID-19 funding available to businesses.
South Ayrshire COVID-19 Strategic Enterprise Programme
South Ayrshire Council has created a new programme to support the local economy during the COVID-19 crisis.
The South Ayrshire COVID-19 Strategic Enterprise Programme (SEP) offers two forms of support to local companies:
- expert help ( a three hour, one-to-one surgery for financial or human resources advice)
- grant funding
Funds for this programme are limited and assessments for awarding support will be based on the economic contribution a business makes to the local economy.
To apply for this programme, your business must meet the following Stage 1 criteria:
- Have a trading address in South Ayrshire
- Have begun trading before 6 April 2019
- Employ five or more FTE staff
- Have been on a proven, sound financial footing prior to 17 March 2020
- Have sales in excess of £100,000 outwith Ayrshire per annum. (For tourism related businesses, this would include spending by non-Ayrshire residents.)
However, meeting these Stage 1 criteria does not automatically mean your business will qualify for grant support.
In addition, you must demonstrate that your business meets both of the following Stage 2 criteria:
- Your business has been disadvantaged by COVID-19
- You can provide evidence that receiving support from this programme will safeguard jobs
It is important to emphasise, that in awarding support, priority will be given to strategically important South Ayrshire businesses, including those with a role to play in the COVID-19 supply chain and/or those based in rural locations.
How to apply
Applications to the programme are via an editable PDF form and 12 month cash flow forecast template, which must be submitted by email to COVID19.SEP@south-ayrshire.gov.uk
Before making your application, it is important you read the COVID-19, as incomplete applications will delay your application being processed.
Please read the fullof the programme or relating to it.
Tourism business advice is available from VisitScotland.