Toggle menu

COVID-19: latest update on how our services are affected and the support available

COVID-19: latest update on how our services are affected and the support available


As with many other services, South Ayrshire Council Licensing has taken steps to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and to protect employee and public health.

We have altered the way in which we are working and as a consequence, staff may not be available to respond to your enquiry.

If you have any questions, please contact and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible, or contact.

Morag Douglas (Team Leader) Licensing   01292 617687
Catrina Andrew , Licensing Standards Officer 01292 617686
Donna Scobie Civic Licensing Standards Officer 01292 617647

Any enquiries regarding compliance with the coronavirus regulations and guidance should be referred to or tel 0300 123 0900 and ask for Environmental Health.

Taxi and Private Hire Vehicles

Guidance for licence holders - Icon for word Taxi and PHC Guidance [40.36KB]

Advice re screens in private hire vehicles - Icon for word Expert Group Guidance for Holders of Taxi and Private Hire Licences - July 2021 update to partition screen section [1022.02KB]

Covid 19 Taxi & Private Hire driver and operator support fund 2021 has now closed to new applications.

Premises Licences

    Scottish Government guidance is being updated constantly and is available at

    There are FAQs available at

    Vaccine Certification scheme

    Information on the need to check covid certification can be found at Coronavirus (COVID-19): vaccine certification scheme - information for businesses and event organisers - (

    Track and Trace

    It is mandatory for premises to keep contact details of customers for track and trace and to retain these records for 21 days. Any customer refusing to provide contact information should be refused service. Full guidance is available at

    There is now a free national app for recording customer details. Visit Check In Scotland for details

    Occasional Licences for Outside Drinking Areas

    Any premises which wish to utilise a larger area than they currently have licensed as an outside drinking area may apply for an occasional licence to cover this

    Please complete the occasional licence application and also the additional information form and then submit both to

    The cost of an occasional licence is £10 and the licence may be granted for up to 14 days. Subsequent occasional licence applications will also be considered.

    Icon for word Application for occasional licence [93.5KB]

    Icon for word Application for occasional licence additional information [15.52KB]

    Door Supervisors

    Advice for door supervisors   How to protect yourself and others: guidance for door supervisors - GOV.UK (

    Civic Government Licences (includes taxi and private hire, second hand dealers, late hours catering, street traders etc)

    These should be renewed at their normal renewal times. Applications should be made on line or sent by email to  

    Personal Licences

    Personal Licence holders are required to undergo refresher training every five years and to provide a copy of their training certificate to the Licensing Board.

    If you are unable to take a refresher training course as a result of:

    • no courses running because of Covid-19;
    • you or a family member have Covid-19 and you are self-isolating; or
    • you are worried about attending a course because of Covid-19

    Please be assured that your Personal Licence will remain in effect.

    The Board has granted an automatic six month extension on the timescales to undertake your training and to submit your training certificate.

    The Board will continue to review this position and may apply a further extension if necessary.

    If you need to submit your training certificate, please forward it to and ensure that you include your current address and contact number.