On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization confirmed that Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be characterised as a global pandemic.
The Department of Health and Social Care will publish updated UK data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) every day at 2pm until further notice.
After 2pm every day, the Scottish Government will publish an update on the situation in Scotland.
Guidance for you
The general public has a vital role to play in helping us contain any outbreak by following the latest health and travel advice. We are asking all parts of our community to follow basic guidance to reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Avoid direct hand contact with your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Wash hands with soap and water or, if not available, an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- after coughing or sneezing;
- after going to the toilet;
- before eating and drinking.
- Avoid direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness, and avoid using their personal items such as their mobile phone;
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with disposable tissues, and disposing of them in the nearest waste bin after use.
REMEMBER - CATCH IT, BIN IT, KILL IT!
The latest guidance about coronavirus (COVID-19) from NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, including social distancing and advice for staying at home can be found at http://nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.