Libraries, museums and galleries
Museums and Galleries
Good news! Our museums and galleries are open! Rozelle House, the Maclaurin Art Gallery and the McKechnie Institute will offer their normal opening hours and entry will remain free of charge. Visitor numbers will still be limited due to Covid restrictions so advance booking is recommended, but we can book you in on arrival if there is space in the gallery. To discover what's on visit our events calendar.
The Grain Exchange
Is open again for week day activities and weekend markets. To discover what's on visit their website.
Our libraries have reopened. We have really missed our library members and would like to offer a warm welcome back to our customers. We thank you in advance for your patience in using our services during the initial period where we are introducing systems and processes that are new to us and to you.
We are working hard to deliver library services in these unusual circumstances and would ask that members show kindness and understanding to our staff throughout this period of change.
Our staff are on hand to help you and will do so from a safe distance and we have installed screening at all our service points to protect staff and customers.
PC access and printing
To use our public access PCs you need a valid library card and PIN. You can either drop in or to ensure your slot in advance please book online or phone your local library.
Printing - Maximum of 5 free pages only.
For a list of our revised current operational hours and branch phone numbers, please visit our library opening hours page.
We are delighted to announce that our mobile library is back visiting communities across South Ayrshire.
- you can contact the mobile library by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 0797349523 or by requesting items using our online catalogue for the next visit
- we will take your requests for up to 10 titles, either by author or genre
- please bring your own bag to put your books in
- books can be returned in the drop box provided
To view routes, times and location please visit our mobile library schedule.
Access to the Local/Family History Area
Public access to the local/family history area in Ayr Carnegie Library has now resumed, but by appointment only for the time being. Drop-in visits may be possible unless the area is fully booked - please speak to a member of the library staff.
Bookings can be arranged by speaking to a member of the library staff, by phoning the Carnegie Library on 01292 286 385, or by emailing email@example.com
On arrival for a booked visit, please speak to a member of staff in the lending area, who will notify the local/family history staff.
How you can help us
- only visit us if you are well
- always check our opening hours on our council library webpages before visiting. Please note that the opening hours provided by Google may not be accurate at this time.
- follow staff guidance at the door before entering
- use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the library
- unless exempt ensure that you are wearing a face covering when in the library
- have your library card with you when coming to collect your items
Will be available at all our libraries. A maximum of up to 5 free photocopies will be given.
What we can't offer at this time
- sale of waste bags
- limitless paid for printing and photocopying