Trading Standards commitment
The South Ayrshire Council Trading Standards commitment.
The Council shall use its reasonable endeavours to:
- Provide fair and impartial service for both traders and consumers.
- Ensure that it acts in compliance with consumer protection legislation and agree to carry out any investigations promptly and fairly.
- Provide advice on both civil and consumer protection legislation upon request by either party.
- Assist with staff training for traders where possible.
- Provide an officer who will act as a point of contract for the business in any dispute and for the provision of advice and assistance.
- Provide appropriate advice to the consumer following a complaint to the service. Where the complaint cannot be resolved, either party can invoke the dispute resolution process.
- Provide a level of promotion of the scheme and its members which the Council considers is appropriate.
- Conduct regular reviews of the scheme and of these terms and conditions. The council reserves the right to change terms and conditions where appropriate.
- Reserve the right to revoke membership of the scheme where traders pursue a course of business conduct detrimental to consumer’s interests, or in conflict with these terms.
- Reserve the right to publicise the removal of traders from the scheme where appropriate.
- Provide a comprehensive feedback system through Referenceline that is accessible for both traders and customers.
- Process members’ data in accordance with the Data Protection Act.