Benefits to your business
- South Ayrshire Council will promote the scheme to local consumers through the Council's website, social media, local press and other forms of promotions.
- When you join, Trading Standards will provide you with marketing materials that you can use at your premises and on vehicles, stationery, and website to show potential customers that you are a member of the Trusted Trader scheme.
- Being a member of the Scheme is a good way of showing potential customers that you are a reliable business that made a commitment to treat customers fairly.
- You will have access to South Ayrshire Council’s Trading Standards expertise to help you understand and comply with consumer protection legislation.
In 2011, Dundee City Council Trusted Trader Scheme carried out a survey of their members with the following findings:
- 94% of respondents confirmed that membership of the Trusted Trader Scheme had helped their business.
- 86% said membership had helped them attract new customers
- 90% of respondents believed the scheme to be quite valuable to their business
Join the Trusted Trader scheme
The scheme is primarily aimed at the home improvement sector. Businesses must be based in South Ayrshire or must be able to show that a reasonable proportion of their business is carried out in South Ayrshire.
How much will it cost?
The annual fee is £100 to non VAT registered businesses or £200 to businesses that are VAT registered. All fee revenues will go to help cover costs of operating the scheme, such as maintaining the online database and feedback system, ongoing advertising and promotion to the public.
How to join
How to join