Age Related Sales
- It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under 18.
- It is an offence to sell liqueur chocolates to anyone under the age of 16.
- It is an offence for a person under the age of 18 to sell alcohol without knowledge
of the sale by the licensee or other responsible person over 18.
- It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone you suspect may be buying it for someone
who is underage.
- If you are not sure that the customer is over the appropriate age and they appear
to be 21 or under, ask for proof of age.
- If you are still not sure refuse the sale.
- If you sell alcohol to someone under 18 you could be fined up to £1,000.
- All premises that sell alcohol must have a licence.
For further information please contact Police Scotland on 01292 664000.
- By fourth year, 34% of young people are buying alcohol themselves from off-licences
- 23% of 13 year olds in South Ayrshire reported drinking weekly, which was significantly
higher than the national figure of 17%.
Remember NO PROOF…NO SALE!