Tell us once
The Tell Us Once service helps ease the burden of having
to deal with official paperwork and telephone calls after the loss of a loved one.
Tell Us Once is offered to anyone registering a death at Ayr Registration
Office and means the Council can notify participating organisations of the death
on a customer’s behalf.
Through Tell Us Once, information is passed securely and in confidence to the Department
for Work and Pensions (DWP) in the first instance, which can then be passed on to
other government departments and Council services.
The information is then used to update records, amend service provision accordingly
and calculate any changes to finances such as benefits and tax.
Services and organisations involved include:
- Council – Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Council Tax, Council Payments, Libraries,
Electoral Service, Blue Badges, Adult Services, Children’s Services, Housing
- DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency)
- DWP – Pension, Disability & Carers Service, Jobcentre Plus, Overseas Health
- HM Revenue and Customs – Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit & Working Tax Credit,
- Ministry of Defence – War Pensions Scheme
- Identity and Passport Service
Tell Us Once is available at Ayr Registration Office, High Street, Ayr and is expected
to be rolled out to Girvan Registration Office in the new year.
Those using the service will need information about the person who has died including
date of birth and National Insurance number, details of benefits/services received,
death certificate, driving licence (or number) and passport (or passport number
and details of place of birth).
For further information, call 01292 617617.