Public Performance Reporting
- We offer a range of opportunities for residents and visitors to participate in sport and physical activity, encouraging people of all ages to have a healthy lifestyle.
- In 2009/10, 201,965 people used our five local activity centres for sports and leisure activities – an increase of 17% on 2008/09. In addition, community key holding arrangements were put in place at Tarbolton and Dailly.
- A further 393,490 people used the Citadel Leisure Centre in Ayr, with the ‘Genesis’ state-of-the–art gym having 1,750 members.
- The entertainment programme at the Citadel Leisure Centre and Ayr Town Hall was well supported, with average attendances of 370 people per show.
- Our swimming pools in Troon, Prestwick, and Maybole were used by over 190,000 swimmers in 2009/10.
- New activities such as Zumba fitness classes were delivered by the leisure team throughout South Ayrshire.
- Our eight golf courses – which we maintain to a high standard – provided over 210,000 rounds of golf in 2009/10.
- The total number of Primary 5 pupils participating in the Firstclub Golf scheme is around 1,200 per year and a number of Clubgolf festivals were organised at the end of the programme to bring together the pupils who enjoyed participating in the scheme. Junior golf is being further developed with a range of activities planned to target secondary pupils.
View more information on Leisure