Public Performance Reporting
- The availability of affordable rented housing remains a key issue in South Ayrshire. In October 2011, the Council had a stock of 8,268 houses for rent.
- Each year we deal with over 900 homelessness applications. The time it took us to complete our duty to applicants reduced from 13 weeks in 2008/09 to 9 weeks in 2009/10. We have also improved our performance in the length of time we take to make decisions on homeless applications. Overall in 2009/10, 92% of decision notifications were issued within 28 days of the date of initial presentation, compared with 58% in 2008/09.
- During 2009/10, we provided permanent housing for 306 homeless households, and worked with registered social landlords to secure accommodation for a further 52 households.
- We continue to help prevent homelessness through tenancy support projects, provision of homemaker starter packs and rent guarantees, and by improving access to healthcare.
- Through our Arrears Policy, we aim to collect as much of the rental income owed to us as possible. In 2009/10, we reduced arrears to 4.1% of the net amount of rent owed during the year – down from 4.4% the previous year.
- In 2009/10, our performance in completing emergency repairs was 93%. This included the period of severe adverse weather in January 2011, when the volume of repairs increased significantly. Our performance in completing both urgent and routine repair work improved slightly on the previous year. This is an area we continue to focus on in order to improve even further.
View more information on Housing Services