A range of activities will be on offer across South Ayrshire this Easter
Families are being urged to make the most of the bumper package of activities on offer across South Ayrshire this Easter. This year's programme for the Council's Leisure and Activity Centres has been unveiled, with hopes high for a record turnout.
The two-week programme includes a broad range of activities including: athletics, archery, candle making, cup-cake baking, diving, football, orienteering, rugby, soft play, street golf, swimming, and tennis for all ages. The activity takes place between Monday 4 April and Saturday 16 April.*
This year's highlights include:
- Citadel Easter Camp (Mon-Fri) – a full range of day-long events including swimming, badminton, athletics, archery, and arts & crafts
- Free Competitive School Sports days at Symington Spark, Girvan Academy, and Prestwick Academy
- Community Sport Hubs at Girvan Academy, Muirhead Activity Centre, and Prestwick Academy
- Golf Camps at Belleisle and Troon Links courses
- Tots tennis for children aged between two and five
- Orienteering at Fullarton Wood, Troon
Jill Cronin, Head of Enterprise Development, and Leisure, said, "We want to make sure that our children and young people have the best possible life chances and our Easter programme plays an important role in helping to make that happen.
"Every year we work hard to provide families with a broad choice of things to do in the school break, and in 2016 we've tried to provide something for everyone.
"With a mix of paid for and free events we've got a fantastic line-up for young people, which we're sure will prove to be a big hit with families."
*Times and dates vary depending on location and activity
Pre-booking is essential for some of the activities. For full details of the Easter Programme, which includes contact details, download a copy here or pick up a copy in schools, the Citadel, and in Activity Centres.