Family's can choose from a full programme of activities
With Easter just a few weeks away a bumper package of activities has been unveiled for South Ayrshire ahead of the school holidays. The Council's Leisure and Activity Centres programme has been unveiled, with a full range of sports and family events on offer.
The two-week programme includes a broad range of activities including: athletics, archery, caving, diving, football, footgolf, inflatables, orienteering, roller disco, rugby, swimming, and tennis for all ages.
The activity takes place between Monday 3 April and Saturday 15 April.*
This year's highlights include:
- Rookie lifeguard sessions at Ayr Citadel, Maybole and Prestwick Swimming Pools
- Community Sports Hub activities at Girvan and Prestwick Academies
- Football, Golf, Rugby, and Tennis camps at various locations
- Outdoor activity experience days at Culzean
- Orienteering at Fullarton Woods
- Athletics at Dam Park Stadium
- Archery and Magical Scientific Experimental Play at Dundonald Activity Centre
- Animal petting at Coylton, Mossblown and Muirhead Activity Centres, and at the Citadel
Jill Cronin, South Ayrshire Council's Head of Enterprise Development, and Leisure, said, that this year's programme has a lot to offer, "To help families make the most of the Easter break we've put on an exciting calendar of events to cater for most tastes.
"With swimming free at our pools there is also a full range of activities on offer across South Ayrshire, most of which can be tried out for as little as £3 per activity.
"I'm sure this year will prove to be popular with our children and young people and I'd encourage anyone looking to try something different to check out the activities on offer as soon as possible."
*Times and dates vary depending on location and activity
Pre-booking is essential for some of the activities. For full details of the Easter programme, which includes contact details, download a copy here or pick up a copy in schools, the Citadel, and in Activity Centres.