Like to bike?
E-Bike Taster Sessions
These electronic assisted bikes are perfect for those wanting to get back out biking.
Our 1 hour fortnightly led rides start and finish at the Citadel Leisure Centre on South Harbour Street.
Rides will vary in length depending on weather. We supply bike, helmet and vest. Please come suitably dressed.
We meet at the main reception at 9.30am fortnightly on Mondays. Next sessions start: Monday 24th April (Fortnightly).
Sessions may be cancelled if coach deems weather inappropriate. Booking on these sessions prior to arrival is essential.
To book a slot please email email@example.com.
Cycling Skills and Confidence Sessions – Active Travel Hub, Ayr
Our Cycling Skills and Confidence Sessions run as a progressive six week block. It follows Cycling Scotland’s Bike
ability training and has been adapted specifically to give participants the skills to cycle safely around Ayr. Sessions
are weekly and last for roughly 90 minutes.
The next block will start on Monday 8th of May at 10.30am.
Booking required as spaces are limited.
- Week 1 – Traffic free environment. Basic bike control and balance.
- Week 2 – Quiet roads and cycling infrastructure. Signalling and turning at T junctions and crossroads.
- Week 3 – Relatively quiet roads and cycling infrastructure. Roundabouts and crossroads.
- Week 4 – Busier roads and cycling infrastructure. Traffic lights and multiple lanes.
- Week 5 – Busy roads. Multiple lanes, bus lanes and busy roundabouts.
- Week 6 – Busy roads. Traffic heavy roads, complex road layouts and group cycling.
Please contact the Active Travel Hub Ayr on 07970709925 or email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org