Local housing strategy 2011 - 2016
The next Local Housing Strategy will cover the period 2011 to 2016, and will have
- Balanced Housing Markets
- Housing Quality
- Access, Advice and Support
- Better Neighbourhoods
These reflect legislative obligations as well as interim findings from the draft
Housing Need and Demand Assessment.
Local housing strategy development
Steering Panels, consisting of housing professionals and stakeholders were created
for each theme. The Panel developed outcomes for each theme as well as an action
Strategic environmental assessment
All plans, programmes and strategies in Scotland must be subject to a ‘Strategic
Environmental Assessment’ or SEA under Section 5 of the Environmental Assessment
(Scotland) Act 2005. The plan has to be considered in relation to the environmental
issues noted in the 2005 Act, which are biodiversity, population, human health,
fauna, flora, soil, water, air, climatic factors, material assets, cultural heritage,
landscape, and the inter-relationship between them.
A Panel was convened to consider the outcomes in terms of the SEA issues. An Environmental Report
was written and submitted to the SEA Gateway.
Equalities impact assessment
Equalities Impact Assessment was carried out in relation to the LHS.
- 5 road shows - 1 in each of the main towns across South Ayrshire
- Presentation to the T&R Forum
- Presentations to 2 community councils
- Stakeholder event
Feedback received during the consultation was used to redraft the document. Main
- Revision of affordable housing targets – as a result of feedback suggesting the
original targets were unachievable
- Greater detail of action plans for some tasks
- Change to the amount of colour used within the document – so that residents would
not be put-off from printing