Accessibility Skip to main content

Drinking water

The public or mains water supply in the South Ayrshire area is looked after by Scottish Water (formerly the West of Scotland Water Authority - WOSWA). If you have any concerns about water quality you should first of all contact Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778. However, if you think that a problem has not been rectified, South Ayrshire Council may be able to assist by sampling the supply and/or carrying out other investigations. If a problem is confirmed, the Environmental Health Division can raise the issue with Scottish Water on your behalf. There is no charge for this service.

Lead in Drinking Water

Public water supplies contain only very low levels of Lead if any. However, Lead pipes and solder in domestic plumbing can give rise to unacceptable levels of Lead in tap water. If you believe you may have Lead pipes or Lead soldered plumbing, Environmental Health can arrange for your water to be tested.

Was this page helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback!

We're sorry about that. Why wasn't it helpful?
No response is given so please do not include contact information.

Weekly newsletter

Follow us