Youth Employment Initiative (YEI)
A flexible pre-employment and in-work support programme to support young people to access and sustain employment opportunities. Delivery would support young people aged 16-29 who are ready to work, or needing support to become ready to work.
If you are able to create a new or additional permanent job for an unemployed South Ayrshire resident then we may be able to support
50% of the National Minimum Wage for the first 26 weeks of employment.
The job must be:
- New or additional and permanent to your business with a written contract of permanent employment (temporary/seasonal or replacement positions will not be supported)
- Have basic hours of 25 or more hours per week (zero hour contracts will not be eligible)
- Pay at least the National Minimum Wage for age (reviewed annually).
(If paying the National Apprenticeship Rate, the employee must be registered on a formal MA Framework confirmed in advance of starting
The person recruited:
- Must be resident in South Ayrshire, be eligible to work in the UK and aged between 16 and 29 years at the time of starting work
- Cannot be in employment, education or training or on any DWP mandatory programme
South Ayrshire Council can help to identify suitable candidates for your vacancy, please speak to our Employer Engagement Officers for
Employers must not start a candidate until the young person has registered with our YEI Team, eligibility confirmed and formal
approval has been given.
An application for a wage incentive will not be accepted for a young person who has already started a job.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01292 612301