Free help and advice is available from South Ayrshire Trading Standards Consumer and
Business advice Centre.
Contact South Ayrshire Debt Helpline on 01292 616060
Simple Steps to Dealing with Debt
- Acknowledge the situation
- Get in touch with creditors straight away
- Check any insurance or entitlements to benefits - if off work through illness or
lost your job.
- Calculate your personal budget - list your income and outgoings
- Work out a realistic offer of repayment
- Tackle priority debts first - your main priority is a roof over your head
- Read court paperwork and seek advice immediately
- Keep copies of all correspondence
- Seek advice if you feel that you can't cope on your own
- Assume your debt will go away
- 'Rob Peter to pay Paul'
- Borrow money to pay off your debts - obtain independent advice first
- Give up trying to reach an agreement with your creditors
- Lose hope
- Ignore our advice
We can give you FREE, impartial, confidential and independent advice
and debt counselling.