Change of address
If you are moving house it is important that you advise us as soon as possible. This can be done online by
completing the correct form (see below) or if you are not sure which situation applies to you can call us
on 0300 123 0900, or visit one of our
Customer Service Centres. If your moving in
date is within the next 14 days we will process your form as soon as we can. If not we will hold onto the
information and process it as close to your moving date as possible.
You will need to provide:
- Forename/s & Surname/s
- Address Details, including the postcode/s
- Landlords Details (if applicable)
- Solicitors Details (if applicable)
- Bank Details (if you wish to pay by Direct Debit)
If you are a landlord (or owner) or a letting agent of a property that you rent out and you wish to advise
of a change in tenancy please complete the following form;
All other owner occupiers, solicitors or tenants should select one of the following options;
Moving Into South Ayrshire Council Area
You should complete a Moving Into
South Ayrshire Council form if:
- You are aged 18 or over and moving into the area; or
- You are aged 18 or over and are currently living with family or friends and are moving to your own property in South Ayrshire
You must advise your previous Council that you have moved out of the area as we are unable to notify them
Moving Within South Ayrshire Council Area
You should complete a Moving Within
South Ayrshire form if:
- You are aged 18 or over and currently own or rent a property in South Ayrshire and are moving to another property in South Ayrshire which you will own or rent.
- If you will no longer be liable to pay Council Tax e.g. you are moving in with parents/friends.
Please complete a Moving out form even if your new address is
in South Ayrshire.
We will update your account for your previous address and register you at your new address.
Moving out of South Ayrshire Area
You should complete a Moving out South Ayrshire form if:
- You are aged 18 or over and you are moving out of a property that you currently pay Council Tax for in South Ayrshire
You must advise the relevant Council at your new address that you have moved into the area.