South Ayrshire Council
The Provost of South Ayrshire is Councillor Helen Moonie who was elected in
The role of the Provost is apolitical the Provost carries out many and varied duties within
the community and elsewhere as the First Citizen of South Ayrshire. The Provost:
- Chairs meetings of the Council and ensures the proper conduct of business
in terms of the Council's Standing Orders.
- Acts as Civic Head hosting Council events and attending other events
as civic representative of the Council and South Ayrshire.
- Promotes the Council's profile and the wider community through public
appearances at social, community, cultural and business events and through the media.
- Fosters networks with other organisations in the business and public
sectors and with voluntary organisations, to support and enhance the development
of South Ayrshire.
As well as Chairing the full Council meetings, by virtue of this office the Provost
also traditionally Chairs
- Town Twinning Forum meetings
- Culzean Country Park Joint Board meetings
- David Elder Edward’s Trust meetings
The Depute Provost of South Ayrshire is Councillor Mary Kilpatrick who
was elected in 2012.
Help us improve the website
Tell us if the information on this page is wrong. No response is given so please do not include contact