#equal4u – Ayrshire Shared Equality Outcomes Consultation
Public sector partners across Ayrshire are working together to establish a set of equality outcomes for everyone who lives, works
and learns in Ayrshire.
At the heart of this is a commitment to ensuring Ayrshire is a place where people have the best possible life chances and experience
equality of opportunity in all aspects of life.
To help take this work forward, five draft high-level outcomes have been developed:
- In Ayrshire people will feel that they are in safe, inclusive and fair communities
- In Ayrshire people will have a positive experience of learning, working and living in our communities
- In Ayrshire people will have equal opportunity to access and shape our public services
- In Ayrshire people will have accessible opportunities to maximise their potential to develop their skills for life, learning and working
- In Ayrshire public bodies will be seen as employers of choice for all people.
Come along to our #equal4u consultation events and let us know what you think.
The purpose of the consultation events is to listen to views and suggestions about what the partners can do to help achieve these. The
consultation events take place as follows:
- 10am-12.30pm on Wednesday 21 September 10am in Saltcoats Town Hall, Countess St, Saltcoats, KA21 5HP
- 1.30pm-4pm on Tuesday 27 September in County Hall, County Buildings, Wellington Square, Ayr KA7 1DR
- 6.30pm-8.30pm on Thursday 29 September in East Ayrshire Council Headquarters, 91A London Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 7BU
- 1.30pm-4pm on Wednesday 5 October in St Kentigern's Church Hall, Dunbar Drive, Kilmarnock, KA3 7PP
For anyone who is unable to attend the consultation events, but wants to have their say, an online survey is available
Survey closing date is Friday 14 October.
You can also track posts and comments on twitter by following the hashtag #equal4u.
The public sector organisations involved are: Ayrshire College; Ayrshire Valuation Joint Board; East Ayrshire Council; East Ayrshire
Health and Social Care Partnership; NHS Ayrshire & Arran; North Ayrshire Council; North Ayrshire Health and Social Care
Partnership; South Ayrshire Council; South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership; and South West Scotland Criminal Justice