Problem Solving in Mossblown - started August 2008
There were incidents of youth disorder and antisocial behaviour in the village of
Mossblown, centring around the school area (Annbank Primary), the local shops and
Drumley House. Incidents of youth disorder included vandalism, abusive behaviour,
graffiti and underage drinking. According to a proportion of young people in the
area, there was nothing for them to do.
The aim of the group was to reduce youth disorder in the area and increase reporting
to the Police.
Options to address the problem included:
- Deploying Community Safety Officers into the area for a mapping exercise, including
what young people want to do.
- Police Action Plans for the area centred around Drumley House and local shops.
- Providing diversionary activities for young people.
- A Crimestoppers leaflet drop to increase reporting.
- Environmental improvements to improve the perception of the area among residents.
Graffiti Art Project: Mossblown Chinese takeaway wall (Before/After)