South Ayrshire Child Protection Committee
South Ayrshire Child Protection Committee is the local strategic planning
partnership which is responsible for delivering continuous improvement in protecting
children in South Ayrshire.
Its work includes the design, development, dissemination and evaluation of inter-agency
protection policy, procedures and practice. It has a responsibility to promote
awareness of child protection
to the local public and promote good practice within and across agencies,
as well as leading on
child protection training and development.
Working together to protect South Ayrshire’s children.
It's everyone's job to make sure that children in South Ayrshire are safe. We will
strive to ensure that the protection of children is a responsibility that is shared
by all our staff and with the community.
In carrying out this work we will strive to ensure that:
- Children get the help they need when they need it.
- Children are protected by timely and effective action.
- Children are listened to and respected.
- Information is shared about children where this is necessary to protect them.
- Agencies, individually and collectively, demonstrate leadership and accountability
for their work and its effectiveness.
Our work is intended to:
- Improve the safety of children in South Ayrshire.
- Provide an integrated approach to identifying, intervening and providing ongoing
support to protect children at risk of harm.
- Improve the range and availability of services aimed at protecting children in South
- Provide public information about child protection.
- Ensure our staff are confident and competent.
- Ensure continuous improvement by evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of
This Vision, Mission, values and Aims are collectively agreed by all partner agencies
and services who work together in South Ayrshire.
Help us improve
South Ayrshire CPC and the agencies and services who work together to protect South
Ayrshire’s children are committed to continuous improvement. You can help support
this work. If you have a view on what we are currently doing or an idea for improvement
we would ask that you share this with us. Please email us at Child.ProtectionCommittee@south-ayrshire.gov.uk.