Request an uplift of bulky waste
The bulky waste uplift service is for the collection of bulk waste items or garden waste that cannot fit into a domestic wheeled bin.
Can the item be re-used?
Is this item in good re-usable condition? Could it be passed onto someone else who needs it?
Help minimise landfill waste and donate reusable household items by calling the National Re-use phone line on 0800 0665 820. It's a free collection service and you'll be benefiting your local community and charitable organisations.
Item is not re-usable
Please note this service is for domestic household items only. A maximum of 7 items may be collected per booking. SAC will NOT collect liquids, glass, mirrors, concrete coal bunkers, pianos, heating / oil tanks, gas canisters, garage doors, safes, tyres or rubble.
If the item is not re-usable then you can arrange a bulky uplift online.
Alternatively you can arrange a bulky uplift by phoning 0300 123 0900 or in person by visiting any of our customer service centres.
Charges apply to all residents.
- First item £15
- A further six items can be added for £2.50 each
A maximum cost of £30 for a seven item uplift.
What counts as an item?
Each item is counted individually whether it is part of a set or not. The only exception to this is bagged waste where 1
item = up to 5 bags (10 bags = 2 items). No builders sacks - bag refers to normal refuse sacks, black bags.
Here are a few examples of how this works in practice. This list is not exhaustive and our customer contact centre can advise on any specific query you may have.
- A 3-piece suite would count as 3 items, the settee plus 2 chairs.
- A table and 6 chairs would be viewed as 7 items.
- Bulk waste broken up and bundled would count as one item per bundle providing it is tied, liftable by one person and no longer
than 2 metres in length.
- Branches trimmed would be one item per bundle, again provided it is tied, liftable by one person and no longer that 2 metres.
- A bed would count as 3 items if it was made up of a base, a mattress and a headboard.
- A bunk bed would count as 6 items if it was made up of 2 mattresses, 2 bases and 2 headboards
Materials containing asbestos
Materials that contain asbestos can now be booked in for disposal at Ayr Recycling Centre, Old Farm Road, Ayr by calling Barr Environmental on
01292 886616. There is no charge to domestic householders for this service.
The site requires 24 hours’ notice and the asbestos must be double bagged or wrapped. Customers on arrival at the Recycling Centre will be directed to the skip to unload their material themselves in to the specified container. Vehicles will be weighed in and out of the site. Hi-vis vests are mandatory for anyone leaving the vehicle. These can be borrowed from the site if required.
Vans and trailers may be classed as commercial so a declaration may need to be signed by the driver at the site prior to disposal.